Have you or someone you love been involved in an accident, injury, or incident that resulted in a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s negligence? If you have, then it is likely that you will be able to file a claim for the damages and losses you have experienced as a result of the injury. There can be many causes of a brain injury, and some examples include car accidents or accidents in which negligence played a role.
You shouldn’t have to suffer alone, and you shouldn’t be held responsible for losses suffered due to a brain injury caused by someone else’s negligence. Our experienced and knowledgeable Miami personal injury lawyer can tell you if you have a case and can help you strengthen your claim.
Potential Causes of Brain Injuries
Many potential events could cause a brain injury, a few of which include:
- Car Accidents: Tens of millions of people are left injured or permanently disabled in car accidents every year. Of those, the Brain Injury Association of Missouri estimates that 5.3 million Americans live with traumatic brain injuries and that car accidents cause as much as 31.8% of traumatic brain injury deaths.
- Slip and Falls: Slip and falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injury among adults, and it occurs even more frequently as people get older. Slip and falls can be moderate, or the injuries can be much more severe and result in permanent damage to the brain.
- Workplace Injuries: Workplace injuries are classified as any injury that happens while you are on duty; this can happen in almost any career, and sometimes the injuries experienced can be severe and affect you for the rest of your life.
- Medical Negligence: Brain injuries do not only occur due to direct impact trauma to the brain. Sometimes a brain injury can be the result of medical malpractice, and you should be able to make a claim against the negligent medical team. Examples include a reckless EMT who was standing by at the time of your accident or a doctor who was in the wrong.
- Assault: Assault is another common cause of a traumatic brain injury, and this can affect your life, mental well–being, and career for the rest of your life. The person or persons responsible for the assault should be held accountable.
A brain injury lawyer in Miami can assess the cause and the strength of your case. Your consultation with our experienced brain injury lawyer is free.
Can You Make a Claim?
Do you have a potential claim for the damages you have experienced as a result of a traumatic brain injury? Several potential cases can be made. You have a case if you were not at fault for the injury, and it is likely that you are able to claim for the physical, emotional, and financial damages experienced against the person who was liable for the accident. A Miami brain injury lawyer can tell you whether you are able to make a claim against the responsible parties and for how much.
Symptoms of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries can be mild or severe in nature; both can have significant implications for your overall health from the time of the accident, and this can affect your career and daily life in negative ways. Here are some of the symptoms that can occur due to a brain injury:
- Disruptions in your sleeping patterns
- Persistent and painful headaches
- Problems maintaining attention span
- Regular bouts of confusion
- Problems with memory
- Loss of vision
- Bouts of inexplicable violence
- Moderate to severe depression
- Mood swings
The symptoms you experience because of a brain injury can be life–changing, and they can affect you for the rest of your life. You deserve compensation from the liable parties. A consultation with a personal injury firm in Miami can point you in the right direction and tell you exactly what you can claim.
Brain Injury’s Consequences
A brain injury can have far-reaching complications for the rest of your life. Some of the consequences of a brain injury could affect your career, as you might have to take a considerable amount of time off to recover or you may potentially lose your job if you are unable to work. The consequences of an injury can also affect your social life and your mental health to the point where you will find your quality of life has been affected.
The financial implications of a brain injury mean that you can spend thousands of dollars on medical bills and in recovery; this can also affect your ability to work, and it’s not limited to the time you are in the hospital or recovering. Your ability to work can be affected for the rest of your life, and a severe brain injury has the potential to render you permanently incapacitated. Shouldn’t you be able to claim for the damages? In many cases, you are able to. Our brain injury attorney in Miami can consult with you on your case and fight for your claim in court.
An Efficient Law Professional
You need a lawyer who can look at the facts surrounding your case and ensure that you get the justice you deserve. The best lawyers you can find will be ones who have represented other cases like yours before and the ones familiar with the laws surrounding personal injury claims—you deserve justice, and you deserve the best.
Set up a free consultation with our personal injury attorney in Miami who can help you build your case and ensure you are able to claim for the damages and losses you have experienced due to your brain injury.