Pedestrian accidents claim thousands of lives across the United States every year; in fact, 14% of all car accidents are pedestrian-related in nature. If you have been badly injured in a pedestrian accident, you can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills and time away from work alone. Our experienced Miami personal injury attorney can advise you on your next legal step if you have been involved in a pedestrian accident.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
With 14% of all car accidents in the United States being pedestrian-related, it is very possible that you will experience at least one such accident in your lifetime. If it hasn’t happened to you yet, then you should prepare for the day it does. And if it has already happened, we are ready to help you get the justice you deserve. A car accident can affect your life even if you aren’t behind the wheel of a car – and these accidents can impair or disable you for a long time, even for the rest of your life. Don’t want to be another statistic? Our pedestrian accidents lawyer in Miami can advise you on the next step for your case.
Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
You or someone you love could be severely injured in a pedestrian accident. The injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident range from mild to severe, and these injuries can affect every part of your life for years to come. Just a few examples of what could happen in the event of an accident include:
- Bruises and fractured or broken bones;
- Injuries to the neck and spinal cord;
- Permanent or temporary traumatic brain injury (TBI); and
- Other long-term physical issues.
Having to live with injuries such as these, sustained in a serious car accident, can stand in the way of your quality of life and the quality of life of your loved ones. Do you have a claim against the driver of the car who put you in this position? To answer this question, you should speak with a pedestrian accidents lawyer in Miami who can help you perfect your claim, and if necessary, file a lawsuit against the driver.
Examples of Pedestrian Accidents in Miami
A pedestrian accident can be defined in simple terms as any kind of accident that involves a person outside of the vehicle. Though pedestrian accidents are a broad term, these types of accidents can occur in several forms – all of which result in the incapacitation or injury of the pedestrian, which may be temporary or permanent. Here are a few examples of how drivers could cause a pedestrian accident…
- Drunk drivers are responsible for thousands of car accidents across the United States every year. You could easily be involved in an accident with a drunk driver who doesn’t look where they are driving and runs a red light.
- Speeding drivers are responsible for a large percentage of car accidents that occur on the road, and you could be struck down by a driver going over the speed limit while you were obeying the rules of the road.
- Distracted drivers are responsible for the majority of pedestrian accidents. Drivers busy looking at their phones, playing with the radio or GPS, or not paying attention for other reasons cause accidents that injure pedestrians every day.
- Downright reckless driving is everywhere, and statistics say that you will be involved in at least one automotive accident in your lifetime. You could be injured as a pedestrian at any point, and you won’t expect the event when it happens.
- Unlicensed drivers make up a significant share of drivers on the road, and you are entitled to compensation if you are injured as a pedestrian as a result of a reckless, unlicensed driver.
- Real-life car chases happen more regularly than you might think, and you could easily be injured as a result of being in the way of a high-speed car chase when it happens.
Accidents like these can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills and waste weeks or months of your time as you recover. In extreme cases, a bad car accident could affect you for the rest of your life. Additionally, survivors of car accidents have to live with the added emotional trauma of having been involved in an accident. A consultation with our personal injury firm in Miami will answer your questions about the laws and regulations in place, and we will help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Who should take responsibility when a pedestrian accident occurs? The responsibility can fall on one or several parties; sometimes it can even fall on a company or regulatory body. It depends who can be proven to have been liable for the circumstances of the accident, and our Miami personal injury accidents attorney can help you to gather the right evidence for your case.
A Pedestrian Accident Attorney’s Help
Why do you need the help of an experienced and competent attorney to head your case? An injury attorney does far more than just represent you and your case in court. In addition to that, a personal injury lawyer is also there to…
- Help you gather the facts surrounding your accident and present the facts in question in court.
- Ensure that your interests are represented in a clear and fair way when you have to state your case in court.
- Fight against big insurance companies that try to avoid paying out money for your claim.
- Inform all of the parties involved of the laws and regulations surrounding the case to ensure that nobody feels left in the dark.
- Get to the bottom of your case and ensure that you receive the compensation that you are entitled to if you have been involved in a pedestrian accident.
Most people never file a claim against the responsible parties after a car accident because they never realize they have a valid case in the first place. You are entitled to compensation if you have been injured as a direct result of another person’s negligence – and you are likely able to claim for the medical expenses and trauma that you have had to endure. Call our Miami personal injury lawyer so we can help you put the facts of your case together. Set up a consultation with a personal injury lawyer to look at your case, your consultation is free.